Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Journey #3

Well, here I am, back at the beginning, starting another journey with a fabulous new couple.  C&M will be along shortly to introduce themselves, but I thought I'd post an update and explain how the surrogacy road led me to this place, once again.

As you all may remember, my last pregnancy was a rough one - lots of unknowns, warnings, resting, and lots & lots of doctor's appointment.  Placenta Previa.  It wasn't my friend and wasn't cooperative.  But when the end arrived, we delivered a healthy little baby girl. That little baby girl is now almost 19 months old!

My subsequent post-op visits and conversations with Dr. R pointed us in the direction of uterine "retirement" and while my heart shouted NO!!!!, I made myself accept and be OK with that decision.  My family asked me to be content, my husband asked me to be content, and so, I decided that I would be content.  In my mind, my future days in the surrogacy world would be one of advice and friendship.

Until January 2013....when Michael came to me one evening and briefly said "you know, I've had enough time that if things were right, I'd be OK with you doing one last surrogacy".    I'm sure my eyes were as big as saucers, but I calmly replied "well, OK, we'll see what happens.  But I'm not going to go out in search of a family or couple to help.  If its meant to be, it will be".  And there I left it.

In February, a sweet lady by the name of Carrie joined a surrogacy support group that I have been a member of for years.  She gave her introduction and mentioned that she was (1) very new to the world of surrogacy, (2) lived in the NW Houston area, and (3) was an IM looking for a GS to help them become parents.  I sent her response message introducing myself and asked if she'd be interested in meeting up?  My intention was to just help point her in the right direction and to offer some advice, answer questions, etc.  NEVER did it cross my mind that I would be meeting my next "match".

So anyway, we scheduled a little meet-up at a nearby Starbucks.  What I thought would be a  quick meet & greet turned into a 2 hour tell-me-about-yourself-I-can-tell-we're-gonna-be-good-friends meeting.  When I left that Starbucks, I just KNEW that God had lined this up.  I made a few phone calls to my surro family, and then told Michael "I think I just met our next match".  Later, I got an email from Carrie and after a little discussion back & forth, we decided that our hubbies needed to meet.  We all had dinner later in the week, and the rest, my friends, is a fantastic story that you will have to come back later to read :)

1 comment:

Michael said...

I'm excited to hear more of this story. Sounds like the start of a great match.