Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Introducing........


This is Allison, the wonderfully happy mama tonight


Baby Obert. Today was unbelievable. Today was our 6 week U/S. I think we were all a little nervous and excited all at the same time. We got into the room and the nurse warned us before getting started that 50% of the time they are unable to see or> hear the heartbeat. I was a little discouraged to hear that, but she quickly said that it doesn't mean there's not a little one there if we can't hear it. She then proceeded to get started. A little round thing came up on the screen and she said, there's one sac. She looked around a little more, but that was the only one. She then focused in on that one and all of a sudden you could see the little small rectangular looking white blip on the screen. It was pulsating. She said, there's the heartbeat. It was so amazing. Then she said, let's see if we can hear it. And all of a sudden it was like whoosh, whoosh, whoosh. I was very teary eyed. It was so awesome, I was trying not to cry. Then she said that the baby's heartbeat is 117 and measuring at 6 weeks 2 days. She said it's the size of a grain of rice right now. Then she said, do you want to hear the heartbeat again. Of course. :) Words just do not express the feeling you get when you get to see and hear the heartbeat.


It's really coming true. All the hard work, research, pain, tears, struggles, financial struggles (that one should be capitalized by golly)..........all of it is so very worth it. I'm just being bombarded with all kinds of emotions right now. And realizing that this is so real. I could sit around and feel sorry for myself that I'm unable to carry my baby, but I'm not going to. I am just so thankful that I found the most perfect awesome person to carry it for me. What a blessing! Jenn will never know how grateful I am for her taking care of our little precious one. As I'm sitting here in tears, I want to thank you Jenn!! You're awesome! SNIFF SNIFF

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I have been thinking about you all day and have been looking for a post all day. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayes. Dana

Esther said...

Wonderful! So glad you got to hear the heartbeat--isn't that an amazing sound?

Jennifer said...

Aw Allison - you made me tear up! I truly believe that God placed you in my life and that He paired us up :) I am so thrilled to be able to share this gift with someone, and I know that God's timing truly was perfect in this case!!

YOU'RE A MOM!!!

Jaymee said...

totally head bonking you for not posting this earlier, i have been pacing, literally PACING the floor. i am just incredibly excited for you!!! thank you for letting me share this with you and jenn!!

Linda said...

Congratulations!! Welcome to this incredible journey.

Sarah Andrews said...

Congrats! What awesome news!

Niki said...

Congrats Allison!! This is the best news I've heard all week. You are going to be a mommy! :) Keep up the great baby bakin' Jen! I'm so excited to follow your journey together.

Membership Required said...

Congratulations to all! SO happy for you! God's blessing are rich arent they!!!