Monday, January 4, 2010

Thought it would be fun!

This is Jenn ~

So, now that Allison & Doug know what they are having - in case you are living in a hole somewhere, its a girl :) - Allison is ready to start registering for baby stuff! She has asked me for a little help, so we are planning to go on Sunday, but I thought it would be fun to ask you all to comment with the things you found most useful when you had your baby. Its been 6 years since I've done this and there are allot of new things that look cool, but are they really useful????

When my youngest was a baby, my favorite thing, hands-down, was the portable swing! He lived in that thing! He took almost every nap in it, he would play and stay happy with the lights & sounds when I was too busy to play with him, and it even traveled with us to grandma's house when we would go for visits. There aren't very many infant pics of him NOT in that swing :)

What suggestions do you have???

4 comments:

Esther said...

#1- a sling or some type of carrier. All three of mine loved theirs and it's a great way to keep your baby close to your heart and away from germy hands!

#2- a Boppy. It's a wonderful tool for nursing, feeding, and later on, sitting up.

#3- A quality bouncy seat.

Have fun registering!

Allison said...

I can't wait! Should be fun! I can't believe we only have 4 months to go

Beth said...

Here are my favorites: Angel Care Monitor (better known as the SIDS monitor), ergobaby carrier/sling, and a bebe pod - not a bumbo. bebe pods will fit chunky or taller/bigger/older babies longer than the bumbo and the tray is SOOOOO much easier to get on/off than the bumbo!

mamatutwo said...

The one thing that I couldn't live without....a ring sling like the Maya Wrap. Keeps baby close, gives you an extra hand so that you can still do something while holding baby. I love my wrap so much more than any other kind of carrier...even a pouch. You can make it work for just about any position.