Friday, December 23, 2011

Alexandra arrived @ 8:56am, and I'm sitting in a chair!!!

C-section went well this AM and I was in recovery within 40 mins of being taken in there! Doctor said that when he got in there, the placenta was along the back wall of my uterus so he didn't have to cut through it to get to the baby. BUT it was completely covering my cervix, more than they had thought, which means I had a complete previa! So we are all very grateful that we didn't attempt a vaginal birth and that I didn't end up in an emergency situation.

Around lunch they brought me a tray of liquids. I took a few bites of jello, a few sips of broth, and a sip or 2 of Gatorade. Then promptly got seriously nauseated and almost threw up. I called the nurse and asked for Zofran, but unfortunately I'd had a dose in the recovery room and couldn't have another. So I had to do Phenegren, which I really didn't want to take. Once it was in the IV I promptly spaced out and then had a fitful few hours of rest. I'm not really a back sleeper and couldn't roll over, and kept waking up suddenly realizing I'd been holding my breath. Anyway I made myself wake up enough to check-in with my IP's who were down in the NICU. They came up to visit for a bit, then headed back down when Michael and the kiddos showed up for a visit. Unfortunately the kids couldn't see the baby which had them highly disappointed. But we had a short visit and then they left for dinner.

Michael is home and getting them to bed and said all is going OK at home.

And here I sit, watching a movie and fighting to stay awake. I'm hoping to get a good night's sleep, but not holding my breath. Right now I'm really needing to cough, but every time I try, I can't get it out. *sigh*

I'll post some pics tomorrow when I've been able to go see the baby. Please keep her in your thoughts & prayers, for her lungs to quickly get stronger and for her health to rapidly improve. (Btw, her apgar was 8-9, and we all thought she was perfectly fine, but she rapidly started having trouble and after 6 hours of observation in the NICU, they admitted her).

Prayers that y'all have a great Christmas Eve and I'll update more later!


Kristina said...

Glad you are doing well and our prayers go out to little princess and her parents.

Becky Jones said...

Your Blog Is Really Nice And Your Children Are Really Cute! Especially Alexandar Marie!!