Thursday, January 29, 2009

Vocabulary Lessons

From Jenn:

Flexibility - (from Websters) the quality or state of being flexible.
Flexible - (from Websters) able or suitable to meet new situations.

This is mine & Allison's vocabulary word for the day. Due to certain circumstances beyond anyone's control, we are having to change our calendar and protocols, which will cause our transfer date to be pushed back to the end of February or first part of March. Its disappointing, to say the very least, but we just have roll with the punches and see it for what it is...a speed bump! Its hard not to be, at least, a little upset since everything seemed to be going so smoothly, but in the big picture, we want God's perfect timing. So, we will adjust, wait, and learn to be more flexible as we continue down this path :)

Meanwhile, a few extra prayers for the 2 of us would be appreciated!

---------

Addendum: I just re-read the email I received from the IVF clinic and, if I am reading it correctly, it says that we will be looking at a transfer date during the week of 2/22 - that's only 2 weeks from our original date. Not as bad as I had originally thought! Anyway, that's assuming all goes like it should from this point forward, so keep the prayers coming!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Reminds me of that song by REO Speedwagon.....Roll with the Changes!

Esther said...

Everything happens in God's own time. "Be patient, and know that I am God."
By the way, I love that Allison is taking part on your blog too! Keep your chins up, you two, I'm praying for you!

Membership Required said...

2/22 sounds like a lucky day to me. I bet it will happen then and not just the week of. Take it all in stride...God knows what he's doing. ML

heather said...

Sounds like you guys are handling the delay better than me! Our judge ordered the home study! YUCK!!! We have no idea how big a delay it will be, but hopefully not too bad. The 2 1/2 weeks just puts us closer together again, I guess :)