Saturday, August 10, 2013

Yay! I conquered a new device

Well, this little pen sure is nifty. This morning was my first time injecting Gonal-F, and it comes in this pre-measured pen. Each pen has two doses. Thank goodness for the pharmacy videos online, I only watched this one four times starting and stopping. I just wanted to make sure I was doing this right! Though I am injecting a lot of drugs right now (this morning was 225 iu- the max), it is to kick start my hormones and get things rolling, so I can hopefully go down later in the week and closer to the actual egg retrieval. All I know is that I'll have ovaries the size of grapefruits by the end of the week (jk)! I've gotten used to the pricks of Lupron every night and the dexamethasone (which I learned is to suppress the cortisol excreted by the adrenal glands). So far so good... will post again about all the chemistry that will go on tonight- this next drug (Menopur) needs to be mixed beforehand.

No comments: