Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Pictures Tell Their Own Story...


Before Transfer - our wonderful NC Barb :)


Lucky Socks!


An awesome gift basket


Prayers after transfer...My favorite nurse CJ is such an amazing prayer warrior!!!!  I specifically asked for her to come in to pray over us.  Not a dry eye in the room when she was finished.


After transfer...Do I have that "just knocked up" look yet?!?  


The best "after transfer" snack...pineapple has enzymes that help with the embryo implantation.


First tests were very negative :(  But 5dp5dt (5 days past a 5 day transfer) is still very early, so we weren't losing hope!


My 1st super-faint-can-hardly-see-it-without-super-surro-vision positive :)


And later, another super-faint-barely-there positive


The next day at lunch time was slightly darker, but at 7dp5dt, it was still very light.  At this point, I was beginning to think we had a chemical pregnancy.


These are the EPT tests that Carrie had given me in my super-cool basket.  Unfortunately the blue dye isn't as sensitive as the pink dye.  BUT, you could see the super-faint plus sign here.


This was my collection of tests as of 7dp.


At 8dp, it was more visible, but just as light as the day before.  At this point, I was preparing for bad news on beta day!

Beta day arrived (9dp9dt), and we felt like our piddly 9.8 was a sign of what we had assumed we'd hear - likely, we had a chemical pregnancy.  But Carrie & I decided to keep testing, just to see what might happen.

Our 2nd beta at 11dp5dt did something we didn't quite expect it to do!  We were almost tripled at 26.4! Wowzers :)  Relief, but still worry as to what might happen after a few more days.  Another beta was scheduled.


Our 3rd beta at 13dp5dt tripled AGAIN to 84.6!!!  We were shocked, and so very excited with the news.


But I'm still testing.  Its the need to see that positive line get darker.  



These tests were today, at 15dp5dt.  The positive line was visible quicker than the control line :)  


And because I have an amazing IM, I received a special delivery of these today via FedEx!  My nausea has been out of control, and in the past, these have been my saving grace.  I'm so thankful that Carrie bought these for me, without my knowledge, because when I headed to the maternity store to get them after work, I discovered the store wasn't there any longer :(    I was a little worried about what I would do to try to control my nausea moving forward, but now I have no worries :)  Let's just hope they do they trick!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

OMG how did I miss this announcement. Congratulations Jennifer and Carrie. I am so very excited for you and can't wait to continue following you in this journey. Yay!!!