Monday, August 10, 2009

ER today

This is Allison~
Well, my part is over. The ER was this morning at 9:15. I was back in the recovery room by 9:35. Everything went fine. It didn't even feel like I was really under, but I'm assuming I was. This same anesthesiologist did my cyst aspiration back in March, so I remembered him. I remember as he said, I'm going to give you some sleepy juice.....I asked, where are you from with your accent? He replied....the Congo. LOL, I have no idea what else he said, I guess I went out.

When I went for my U/S Saturday morning, Dr McKenzie said she only expected to get around maybe 8-9 eggs. That had me a little worried. You hear of people having 20+ a lot of times. Of course those are young girls, I'm on up there at 37. But it still had me a little concerned and I think she could tell that. As she walked out of the room that morning she said, remember, it only takes one good one. That made me feel some better, because that is true.

Well, as I was coming out of the anesthesia this morning, she told me......we got more eggs than we thought we would. We got 16. As she was walking off, tears started falling down my face. I don't think anyone saw me thank goodness because I probably wouldn't have been able to even speak. I'm just so thankful. I'm not saying I necessarily want tons left over, but I want to be able to have the best chances at success as we can. I would love to be able to transfer 2 excellent grade embryos. That would be so good.

Anyways, I got home around 10:30 or so and was feeling fine. Ate lunch and then took a long nap. When I woke up, I was feeling quite crampy, still no bleeding though. It's not "real" bad, just like a crampy cycle. Just taking it easy and catching up on DVR'ed TV. :)

So, now we wait. Thursday would be a 3 day transfer or Saturday would be a 5 day. Guess we just wait on the call at this point. I'm so thrilled to be at this point.

Please Lord let this work and be successful. I want to be a mommy!

Please continue to lift us up. I'm hoping Jenn will post soon about her PIO shots. :)

2 comments:

Sarah Andrews said...

What a great update!!!!!!

!6 eggs - that's AWESOME! It sounds like the odds are going to be in your favor! This was the hard part for me but thank goodness that transfer is only a few days away! Update when you can about your embie babies. They are growing RIGHT NOW! How exciting is that?????? The Heating pad was my best friend after my ER!

Esther said...

So glad it went well! You're on the road now!